- Using Geoweb for day-to-day activities (eg finding the pub or hotel)
- Using GIS as part of research or studies (eg creating a map of population characteristics or mapping land use near development sites)
What they maybe don’t realize, however, is that every time they do this, they are using a Geographical Information System (GIS). What’s more, a GIS could be a very useful tool for their studies and research as it provides a different way of looking at data –by putting data on a map, you can identify links, trends and patterns that aren’t obvious when you are looking at spreadsheets or databases.
- Understanding of what new learners to GIS need
- Scenario based tool for new learners to GIS
- Scneario builder tool for teachers to build their own scenarios
|G3 - Project Proposal|